Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Short Pose Session, AVAA, Red-headed lady

Yay! New model last night. I draw on really big paper when I go to figure drawing (18" x 24") so I have a hard time with proportions because I don't see the entire figure at once on my paper. I'm on a donkey easel, so stepping back is not too easy (It's more of a scooch and lean-back thing that I do). Still, I LOVE drawing on big paper because I can really use my entire arm to draw. Big sweeping lines are fun. Adds energy (theoretically. In practice though, my figures still look a bit stiff)
25 minute pose...
 I've been really working on understructure before I put details on. You can really see the frame this figure was built on in this one and the next one.
10 minutes...
 5 minutes
Well, that's all for now! Hopefully I can get my readers something in color soon. :)
Thank you so much for visiting. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!!
Tiffanny

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Drawing on big paper is great :D but I like also to stand up and get energetic with it! :) nice drawings btw, I like the way your forms stack up on eachother, if you get my meaning.

tiffannysketchbook said...

Marc, I think I know what you mean about the forms stacking up! I think I will like standing when drawing if they put the easels closer to the model. For me, standing means I'm in the back and didn't arrive in time to get the best, closer view.

Jorenes said...

There are brilliant your water-colors, a very good work, personally I am charmed with this technique though one does not give me to very well.
A greeting!!!

Sebastià Martí said...

I like very much the bar illustration, congratulations for your sketches!
(Sorry for my inglish, i from Barcelona.)
s.

Mahesh Ashok Sutar said...

Great sketches.........thanks for the inspiration :)

ddd said...

Nice life drawings Tiffany! I used to draw on big paper too when I was in college, for the same reasons as you. But I did draw standing. I felt it was more comfortable that way, plus it is easy to step back and check the progress. Very nice watercolours too! Keep it up :)

tiffannysketchbook said...

Javier, thank you you are so generous :)

Sabastia, your english is fine! I'm learning Spanish myself. Thanks for visiting my blog!

myline, Thnank you :) your blog inspires me as well

Dalibor, thanks I will keep it up! I would like to stand too but for these sessions, standing means you're at the back of the room. Hope you keep on visiting :) Thank you so much.

jose luis lópez (Kubi) said...

Hi Tiffany. Thank you for further blog this apprentice. The yours is fantastic. Now i try to learn to drawing and painting figures and scenes your blog i will greatly assist. Impressive domain name, ease and simplicity of your plot. You still. A greeting

Sadami said...

Dear Tiffanny,
I love them all. Very nice. I feel like having life drawing. Enjoy them all:)!
Cheers, Sadami