Sunday, August 15, 2010

Goats and a Deer from the Capital of Texas Zoo

Hooved animals baffle the heck out of me. Especially goats!! They're knobby and have weird proportions. From the side they look like any normal hooved animal, but from the front you notice how freakin wide they are. Go try drawing a goat and you'll see what I mean!

I have a collection of plastic animals from Schleich that I use as study aids for animal drawing, but I haven't been able to find a goat for purchase yet. I usually find them at Target or Tractor Supply, but I haven't ran into a goat for sale yet. Bummer! I really want a goat toy!!

Have a nice day!
Tiffanny

2 comments:

Ted Pendergraft said...

This stuff has me very interested in checking out the "Capital of Texas Zoo." Thanks for posting!

tiffannysketchbook said...

It's the cutest little zoo. I go there because it's close to where I live. It's off the beaten path so it's never insanely crowded. The staff are REALLY friendly and nice.