Monday, February 28, 2011

Watercolor - Kayak

I have kayaking on the brain. Yesterday, I went kayaking and had SUCH A GREAT TIME. It was 80 degrees in Austin. Ah blissful, sunny warmth, I LOVE YOU! I definitely have an outdoorsy side. And I have an affinity towards water. (I swim like a fish) So Austin is perfect for me. I never regret moving down here. Anyway, I located some awesome spots to paint so I'm going to go again this Saturday and paint paint paint. Yay!!

This is my husband's kayak. Mine is white, but I felt like painting red, so I painted his instead. White would have made a nice contrast though.... OH WELL.




Thanks for visiting my bloggy blog!
Tiff

PS. I have painted this kayak many times for practice. This is my first painting of it. in 2008. IT IS HORRIBLE,
Check it out !! This was when I was first learning to watercolor. I think I've come pretty far in 3 years, but of course, there is still so much to learn before it resembles a Winslow Homer. I can't wait to see what my paintings will look like in 3 more years. I hope I continue improving.

8 comments:

brianleepainter said...

Beautiful, your handling of the water is well done!

martinealison said...

Beau travail dans votre eau qui est vibrante.
Bisous

tiffannysketchbook said...

brian, thank you :) I looked at some winslow homers to study how he did his. Mine looks pretty crude compared to his, but at least you can identify it as water so that's a start. yay! thanks for commenting

martinealison, je vous remercie! et merci de visiter mon blog

Ted Blackman said...

Wow, your first kayak painting was hidious, haha. But your last was pretty damn good. You are becoming good VERY fast. I've seen that before with artists who constantly draw and paint; everyone improves at different speeds but you are one of the gifted ones. Lucky you.

tiffannysketchbook said...

OH STOP TED!! BLUSH.

Yeah, my older blog posts make me cringe. I've contemplated taking them down for embarrassment several times, but you know, it helps give me perspective like with the kayak painting.

Anyway, thanks a lot :) I enjoy your visits cos you always flatter me. hehehe

Sadami said...

Dear Tiffanny,
The uploaded wonderful work proves this; never chase up results, results follow us. Tiffanny, just enjoy painting. That'll be ok. We do not need to make a masterpiece everytime. Rather, I'm happy to make TONs of messes:).
Cheers, Sadami

Cons Oroza said...

Amazing!

Prasanna Dhandarphale said...

HEY THANKS TIFFANNY FOR THE COMPLIMENT !! :)........LOVE THE WAY U HANDLES WATERCOLORS...KEEP US INSPIRING !!